What is CLEAR ChoiceSM?
Collaborative Learning, Education and Resources
from Swiss-American Products
What is CLEAR Choice?
What needs does CLEAR Choice address?
How much does CLEAR Choice cost?
Components of CLEAR Choice
Working with Distributors
Oversight and Assistance
What is CLEAR Choice?
CLEAR ChoiceSM is an outcomes-driven program that brings together vendor and client in an agreement to enhance both the operational and fiscal well-being of the locale, whether in long-term care, acute care, hospice or other alternative-care settings. For new participants in the program, changes to current operational functions are minimal while the value-added services significantly impact performance and operations. CLEAR Choice includes a spectrum of services related to skin and wound care that impacts the quality of your patient care, eliminating time-consuming product ordering functions and placing a ceiling on the cost to care for patients.
What needs does CLEAR Choice address? back to top
CLEAR Choice is modeled around your needs to provide a custom program that fits each individual situation. There is also a basic formulary of products that is modeled around your needs, and clinical oversight to address specific situations.
Skin Maintenance Products Formulary (topical)
CLEAR Choice offers unlimited supplies (governed by best practices) for the maintenance of optimum skin. Products include moisturizers, barrier creams, sun blocks, topical creams and ointments, skin cleansers, anti-fungal products and more.
Wound Treatment Products Formulary (topical)
CLEAR Choice provides unlimited access to the treatment products needed to treat inherited as well as acquired wounds (governed by best practices). These products include alginates, film dressings, composite dressings, dry hydrogel dressings, amorphous hydrogels and more.
How much does CLEAR Choice cost? back to top
CLEAR Choice caps the cost of skin and wound care for your patients and provides a formulary of products. There is no cost associated with individual product usage rates, and CLEAR Choice provides a combined monthly billing for products and auxiliary services based on resident days. This innovative billing practice allows you to seek residents with advanced wounds and others needing special care for existing skin conditions. CLEAR Choice ultimately enhances revenues and eliminates the risk of increased product cost exposure.
Components of CLEAR Choice back to top
Staff Education: A better-educated staff provides higher-quality, more cost-effective care. CLEAR Choice participants have access to on-site inservice training on each product, its intended use within the CLEAR Choice program, and a close look at best practice guidelines that address your specific needs. CLEAR Choice can provide up to six credit hours of education for your RN’s and LPN’s on a yearly basis.
Wound Specialist Consults: CLEAR Choice provides wound consults based on the needs and means of the member. Recommendations made following the consult are based on AHRQ guidelines of best nursing practices. The facility decides how and whether to implement the recommendations into the care plan of the resident, and the recommendations should be reviewed with the attending physician and/or medical director.
CLEAR Choice Logistics:
- Based on the number of licensed beds within the facility, par levels for all products included in the program are established.
- A compliment of products is shipped to the member facility and begins to be utilized. The amount of product sent in the initial shipment should last for approximately 30 days.
- The reorder process is done on a 15-day timeframe to allow for shipment and incorporate appropriate lead times.
- Facility staff is accountable for an inventory of product every 15 days.
- That inventory is monitored by CLEAR Choice and a fulfillment order is generated. Any needed par adjustments are handled at that time.
Working with Distributors: CLEAR Choice honors existing relationships with distributors and suppliers. We will work with your vendors to find the best fit for all parties.
Oversight and Assistance: CLEAR Choice communicates with your facility in a number of ways.
- An account manager makes periodic visits to your facility and assists with on-going inservicing needs, managing inventory and communicating with staff to address questions.
- Clinical oversight and educational programs provide access to the most up-to-date product information and best practices, allowing your staff to perform at the highest level possible.
- Member facilities have access to a 24/7-support desk that can direct calls to a variety of departments that address any situation.
back to top
Call 800-224-0646 or click on the below links for more information.
SAP Guidelines - Pressure Ulcers
Lower Extremity Elta Protocol
Dermal Ulcer Prevention and Treatment CE Program For Nurses
Pharmacy CEU Program Outline